Tuesday 29 January 2013

Awe inspiring Anish Kapoor

Over the weekend I had the opportunity to see a truly ground breaking artist, Anish Kapoor at Sydney's MCA.

Anish Kapoor, is an Indian-born British sculptor. His work explores his interest in the relationship between the contrasting forces of light and dark. He uses colour, form, size and medium to challenge perception, developing immersive and sometimes unsettling experiences.

Pineapple Dazzle Art Anish Kapoor

On first glance the works look simplistic. Its not until you come close & interact with them that you will perceive the beauty within. In my eyes the man is a genius. Each and every time I went to look at a work I found myself completely drawn in. I found everything was highly interactive and awe inspiring. It was like I had fallen down a rabbit hole.

Pineapple Dazzle Art Anish Kapoor

My personal favourite from the exhibition was the elegant S Curve. Wandering its length both sides I found other people's bodies swirled, curled, disappeared and reappeared whilst my own image stared back at me unaltered. It was truly unsettling.

Pineapple Dazzle Art Anish Kapoor S Curve

Kapoor's Exhibition will be at the MCA until 1 April 2013. I highly recommend checking out Kapoor's website to see more of his work as they are truly breaktaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment